The Royal George is situated right opposite Euston Station and is named after the HMS Royal George that was a flagship vessel for the Royal Navy back in the 1800's. This is also why the front of the pub looks like the rear of the ship the Royal George.
The present building dates back to 1877 when the area had major redevelopment to provide for a road between Oxford Street and Charing Cross. This made available land which was bought and built upon by Sir Charles Wyndham, the famous Actor Manager, and so began the traditions of theatre land with the Wyndhams and Albery Theatres named after the owner and stepson respectively. In the following years the Round Table has grown closer to the world of theatre and is a welcome meeting place for actors and audiences alike.