Taylor Walker History
Taylor Walker Company was founded in 1730 in Stepney, in the East End of London.
First trading as the Salmon and Hare, the company later became known as the Hare and Hartford. In 1796 John Taylor acquired Hare's share and the company took the name Taylor Walker with Isaac Walker becoming a partner.
The brewery moved to Fore Street, Limehouse in 1823 and into the Barley Mow Brewery in 1889. Sadly the Barley Mow Brewery brewery was closed in 1960 and torn down in the mid-sixties.
The Barley Mow pub in Limehouse was originally attached to the Fore Street brewery. This pub is now called The Narrow and is owned by Gordon Ramsay Holdings.
Beer bearing the Taylor Walker name was brewed at the Burton plant of Allied Breweries until the mid 1990s.
With nearly 300 years of history, Taylor Walker pubs still believe that the same things are as important to us as the day we started; great quality, freshly prepared food, your favourite drinks and friendly service in a relaxing British pub with a welcoming atmosphere.